The earliest recorded Seventeenth of May celebrations in Seattle were held in 1889. By 1901, Ballard's Norwegian-American residents were hosting a parade, and the celebration of Norwegian Constitution Day has grown from there to include the entire neighborhood and city! The festivities in Seattle are listed as the third largest 17th of May celebration in the world, behind Oslo and Bergen.
National Nordic Museum: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, 2655 NW Market Street
- Children’s Activities include Fjord Horses and Nordic Express Train in parking lot
- Gala Luncheon: Noon to 2:00 pm at Osberg Great Hall with Grand Marshal Gry Rabe Henriksen, Norwegian Consul General in San Francisco
Bergen Place Musical Entertainment: 1:00 pm to 5:00pm, 5450 22nd Avenue NW
- Hosts Lori Ann Reinhall and Eric Stavney bring you an All-Star Nordic Lineup
- Greet Guest of Honor Adrian Diaz, Seattle's Chief of Police, at 4:30 p.m.
Leif Erikson Lodge Open House: 1:00 pm to 5 pm, 2245 NW 57th St
- Food, live entertainment, dancing, and genealogist
17th of May Ballard Parade: 6:00 to 8:00 pm, 24th Avenue NW to Market Street to Ballard Ave and Ione
Interested in walking with us in the parade? We'd love to have you! Please fill out this form so we know to expect you!
Parade Check-In Station opens at 4pm, 28th Ave NW & NW 62nd Street, just north of Adams Elementary School.
Come early to save your spot and march with the National Nordic Museum!