For this project you need:
- A piece of paper and pencil or pen
- Old magazines
- Glue stick
Here are the steps:
- On your piece of paper draw a simple flower. (Fig 1)
- Cut strips from magazine pages – I cut mine ½” wide and I used a paper cutter. You can make the strips as wide or narrow as you like – or even different widths. If you don’t have a paper cutter use your scissors.
- Turn your flower drawing face down – so that the drawing is against the table. Glue the strips of magazine pages on the back of the piece of paper. (Fig 2)
- Turn the paper back over, and cut around the flower shape. (Fig 3)
If you enjoy this type of collage, you can do it with all sorts of different shapes!