Julefest at the Museum
On November 19-20, 2022, the National Nordic Museum will host its 45th annual Julefest: A Nordic Christmas Celebration. This cultural community event transforms the Museum grounds into a traditional outdoor Nordic market similar to those widely attended throughout the Nordic region.
During Julefest, visitors are immersed in a variety of Nordic holiday traditions. Guests can expect to discover a modern spin on a traditional market as they can shop from over 30+ local artists, taste traditional holiday fare, and enjoy live entertainment throughout the grounds.
Click here for a full list of Julefest vendors and entertainers!
Julefest For Kids - SOLD OUT: waitlist will first come, first serve.
- Activity Books—pick one up at our Visitor Services desk for free!
- Tomte Hat Drop-in Craft (with adult)—stop by Classroom 2 (map to come!) for this fun and festive activity
- Santa—come grab a photo with Santa Claus! He'll be in the Cultural Resource Center all day, both days. Shutterspark Studios is back and will be onsite for all your Santa photo ordering.
- Visit a Viking Ship in the East Garden!
- Nordic Music for Kids!
- Where? Classroom 1
- Who? Perfect for Ages 3-13 with an adult
- When? Pick a slot from the following: Saturday, 1:30 & 2:30 or Sunday, 12:30 & 2:30
- About: Calling all kids! Here's your chance to get up close and personal with Nordic musicians as they introduce the instruments and music that have been part of the Nordic traditions for generations. Join local musicians as they show you what makes Nordic traditional instruments so special and unique, and listen as they play just for you. When the presentation is over, take a scavenger hunt through the Museum galleries to see wonderful items from the Collection that speaks to the tradition of music in our community. Learn more about our instructors here!
Julefest After Dark hosted by Skål Beer Hall
Saturday, November 19, 5-11pm
5429 Ballard Ave NW
Julefest at the National Nordic Museum closes at 5pm, but that doesn’t mean the party ends there!
Head up the street to our friends at Skål Beer Hall (5429 Ballard Avenue) and keep your Nordic beer hall party going for the official Julefest After Dark! Show staff your Julefest ticket or sticker for special discounts on food, drink, and swag—or if you're feeling brave, check out some of the rare/holiday aquavits and beers on hand. For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.skalballard.com.